Skrevet av Emne: Wtf? Ris protein?  (Lest 2379 ganger)

Utlogget .:P-Nutz:.

• Skravlekopp
  • Honnør: 76
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Kjønn: Mann

Wtf? Ris protein?
« : 23. november 2004, 11:35 »
Ser på banneret til powersport at de selger ris protein. Hva i all verden er det for noe?
Life is so much easier when you just don't give a f#~%!

Utlogget Number1

• Treningsforum Crew
  • Administrator
  • Honnør: 564
  • Utlogget Utlogget

SV: Wtf? Ris protein?
« #1 : 23. november 2004, 14:03 »
Why would I want to use Rice Protein?

Our Rice Protein is an excellent source of vegan, hypo-allergenic protein. Most people are familiar with soy and whey protein, and while they each provide sound nutrition, rice protein offers additional benefits. Whey protein comes from milk, and some people either cannot or do not wish to use animal-based protein. Soy protein often is difficult for people to digest and may pose allergy risks, plus some folks simply don’t like the taste. Rice protein offers a vegan alternative to soy, without the animal products of whey. And rice protein actually is utilized more efficiently by the body than soy, too. Rice protein is suitable for use by those with food allergies and has even been used for gavage feeding (tube feeding) of infants, the elderly and the severely ill. It has a mild flavor similar to that of Cream of Rice cereal (remember back to your early childhood) and may be used in beverages, sprinkled on cereals and yogurt, and added to cooked dishes to boost the protein content without adding fat or a lot of calories. At about 58 calories per tablespoon (or 15 gram serving), rice protein is one of the lightest protein sources around.

Is your Rice Protein made from genetically modified rice?

No, our rice protein is not made from genetically modified rice, furthermore, the enzymes and natural vanilla flavoring used in our rice protein are naturally occurring from organisms that have not been modified by recombinant DNA techniques.

Rice is a carbohydrate. How do you get protein from it?

All foods contain amino acids, which are the building blocks of what we collectively call protein. Broccoli contains protein, as do all fruits and vegetables and grain products. We have isolated the protein from the carbohydrate molecules in the rice to give you rice protein.

Does that mean the rice protein is chemically derived? I’m chemically intolerant and have to avoid food additives.

Our rice protein is not chemically processed. We use natural enzymes that digest the carbohydrate portion of the rice and leave the protein. The result is a very pure protein free of additives or chemicals, which could cause sensitivity. (Note: Occasionally individuals are sensitive to the enzymes used in processing. This is extremely rare - we have had only one report of such sensitivity on all the years that we have offered Rice Protein).

Is Rice Protein considered a complete protein? How does it compare to whey?

Yes. The term “complete protein” refers to the inclusion of all nine essential amino acids. Rice Protein contains these nine amino acids, plus all other non-essential amino’s.   All ingredients in our rice protein are naturally occurring components of the actual rice.  We have added nothing to our product.  For individuals looking for specific rations of amino acids, the following chart will be helpful. Persons on restrictive diets would do well to consult their health care practitioner or nutritionist before adopting or rejecting use of the rice protein. We cannot recommend use of our product to treat conditions other than hunger.

Amino Acid
 Whey Protein
 Rice Protein

Alanine

Arginine

Aspartic Acid

Cysteine
 unknown

Cystine

Glutamic Acid

Glycine

Histidine*

Isoleucine*

Leucine*

Lysine*

Methionine*

Phenylalanine*

Proline

Serine

Threonine*

Tryptophan*+

Tyrosine

Valine*

*Essential Amino Acids  + Naturally Occurring **Ratios are based on a 15g serving.

Which amino acids have you added, and are they from natural or artificial sources?

All amino acids in the rice protein are naturally occurring components of the actual rice. We have added nothing to our product at all.

What is the  Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) of your Rice Protein?

The Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) is the measure of actual protein available for the body to use. This PER is related to the percentage of the protein digested by the body. With Rice Protein, after 4 hours better than 80% of the protein has been digested, compared to only about 57% for soy. The actual PER number of Rice Protein is 2.75. Egg is the highest at 3.99, milk is second with 3.45, rice third and soy is last with a PER of 2.32.

I noticed your label gives a standard nutritional breakdown, which includes carbohydrate. What form is this carbohydrate in, and why is it there if I am buying rice protein?

The carbohydrate is a component of the product. Whey protein contains approximately 4-6% lactose, or milk sugar, which is also a carbohydrate. The carbohydrate in the Rice Protein is a complex carb. No sugars have been added.

I am on a special diet and need to watch my calcium to phosphorus ratio. What does your rice protein provide?

Rice protein does not provide much in the way of minerals (each 15-gram serving contains less than 500 mg of minerals total). There is only 22.5 mg of calcium per serving. The amount of phosphorus in each serving is so small as to be statistically irrelevant and nutritionally negligible.

I cannot tolerate wheat or its relatives, including spelt, amaranth and barley. Is your Rice Protein safe for me to use?

If you have been diagnosed with Celiac-Sprue disease, we do not recommend our product. In the enzymatic processing we use one particular enzyme derived from Barley. While this enzyme is free from barley antigens (proteins), there is a miniscule possibility that your system might not tolerate it well. We would recommend that you consult your doctor or nutritionist regarding your specific case. Unfortunately, because our processing is patented, we cannot disclose the list of enzymes used.

I have heard a great deal lately about the importance of tocotrionols and that they are abundant in rice bran. What will the rice protein provide me?

Tocotrionols are antioxidant and related to tocopherols, or vitamin E. Tocotrienol are found in rice bran and concentrations may be as high as 13.6 mg per 100 grams of rice bran. Since our rice protein does not contain much bran (that’s part of the carbohydrate removed enzymatically), the amount of Tocotrienols in our product is probably less than 3 mg per 100 grams, or less than one half of one milligram per serving.
Joachim Pedersen
Daglig leder og ansvarlig redaktør, Treningsforum.no

Tips oss om nyheter, reportasjer osv.

Vi gir honorar til månedens beste tips!

Les forumreglene her

Vi søker etter skribenter

Treningslære, ernæring, kosttilskudd

Utlogget .:P-Nutz:.

• Skravlekopp
  • Honnør: 76
  • Utlogget Utlogget

SV: Wtf? Ris protein?
« #2 : 24. november 2004, 15:47 »
Spørsmålet er; hva velger man? Vanlig soy og whey protein, eller ris?

Jeg vet ihvertfall hva jeg velger
Life is so much easier when you just don't give a f#~%!

Gå til:  

Disse kosttilskuddene er glemt for mange, men som alle bør ta.

5 digge middager med cottage cheese

Kosthold09.08.2021270

Cottage cheese er blitt en svært populær matvare!
Det er en risiko forbundet med treningen og løftene man utfører
Det finnes så mange gode varianter av middagskaker enn bare karbonadekaker.

5 fordeler med stående leggpress

Trening28.06.202153

Det er mange fordeler med å trene leggene dine. Se her!