Skrevet av Emne: Alexandr Alexandrovich Karelin  (Lest 16233 ganger)

Utlogget Kaizermeister

• Erfaren bruker
  • Honnør: 216
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Kjønn: Mann

• Normal people worry me
Alexandr Alexandrovich Karelin
« : 03. mai 2007, 11:49 »
En mann som fortjener en plass på ethvert treningsforum!

Karelin's Stats:
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 295 lbs
Body Fat: 7%
Division: Super Heavywieght (286 lbs & above)
http://media.putfile.com/Alexander-Karelin-2000-Olympic-Wrestling-Intro

"Referred to in the media as "The Experiment", he went undefeated in international competition from 1987 until 2000, when he was upset by American Rulon Gardner in the gold-medal match at the Summer Olympics. Karelin went the last six years of his unbeaten streak without giving up a point.

He competed at the heaviest weight class of his day, 130 kg (286 lb). His conditioning, quickness, and incredible physical stature for his weight, perhaps combined with his dominance of the sport, led to him being known as "The Experiment" by much of the rest of the world"
http://www.answers.com/topic/alexander-karelin
"Blatnick told Sports Illustrated. "I was doing everything humanly possible to prevent him from lifting me off the mat. I weighed 265 pounds. I was in good shape. I was scared—intense fear. I don't like flying through the air like that. I kept thinking, 'Don't get hurt. Don't get hurt"

"In 1999, Russian President Vladimir Putin's Unity Party selected Karelin to run for a seat representing his hometown in the parliament. Karelin was elected in December 1999, although he disliked campaigning: "They told me to grow hair instead of having my favorite short haircuts. They told me I should not drive sport-utility vehicles—but I don't fit in a regular car. Finally I said, 'Maybe you want me to pierce my ears and nose, paint my cheeks, use lipstick and makeup? Look, the people who vote for me see me every day as I am. I don't have to pretend to make them like me.'"
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,997892,00.html
http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/articles/sikarelin.html

In life, there are reasons and results. Results are the only thing that counts. No one has ever made an excuse for success. Excuses are made for failure.

Utlogget Bane

• Leieboer
  • Honnør: 18
  • Utlogget Utlogget

Sv: Alexandr Alexandrovich Karelin
« #1 : 06. mai 2007, 20:18 »
Har han ikke tapt en kamp på 13 år?  Shocked

Utlogget Bob Paar

• .: Aktivutøver :.
  • Honnør: 1156
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Når man er svak, løfter man KUN lette vekter..
« #2 : 07. mai 2007, 00:23 »
Heisekrana fra Sibir.
Nordisk mester i håndbak 2014.

Utlogget aiwass

• Elite medlem
  • Honnør: 1098
  • Utlogget Utlogget

« #3 : 07. mai 2007, 00:26 »
Vanvittig rå mann.

Utlogget Lagavulin

• Erfaren bruker
  • Honnør: 74
  • Utlogget Utlogget

« #4 : 07. mai 2007, 20:26 »
Tøff video (Alexander Karelin):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIf5DgmKIi8

Utlogget Kaizermeister

• Erfaren bruker
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Normal people worry me
« #5 : 08. mai 2007, 00:44 »
"I train every day of my life as they have never trained a day in theirs." -Karelin
Trente lite med vekter men mest chins, dips og andre øvelser der de kun brukte egen kroppsvekt.
Ble også sagt han dro 400 i mark.
"Normally, People who weigh 280 pounds just don't get lifted that way."
"Long before her only son was born, Zineida knew he would be an unusual man. Karelin weighed 15 pounds at birth!!!"

The idea of defeating Rostorotsky consumed him. Each morning Karelin would rise, drink half a gallon of milk and leave the house for runs through the Siberian forest. Often he ran for two hours in thigh-deep snow. "Then you are wet with sweat and snow and thoroughly exhausted," says Karelin. "You come home, crawl into bed and sleep soundly. This is typical Siberian fun."

Virkelig en original type. Med den meritt-lista mannen innehar er det vel forstålig at han har jobbet hardt og lenge for å få slik en komplett fysikk. Ubeseiret i 13år er intet mindre en sinnsykt!
In life, there are reasons and results. Results are the only thing that counts. No one has ever made an excuse for success. Excuses are made for failure.

Utlogget Goophy

• Pratsom bruker
  • Honnør: 89
  • Utlogget Utlogget

« #6 : 08. mai 2007, 00:49 »
Rart at Rulon Gardner tok han i OL.
Han ser ikke akkurat sterk ut i forhold, hehe.
Maksløft: Markløft: 52,5kg (med belte og reimer i smith).

Utlogget Kaizermeister

• Erfaren bruker
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Normal people worry me
« #7 : 08. mai 2007, 01:45 »
The only other time the two met, in a 1997 world-championship round, Karelin obliterated him. "When he threw me, my feet almost hit the back of my head. That's not a good thing," he recalled=)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,998144,00.html

Ubeseiret i 13år kan vel ta bort den lille ekstra gnisten som man har som underdog. Syntes selv det var utrolig trist når Karelin tapte.
Gardner vant likevell på kun 1 poeng og det kom ikke gratis det heller...

Following is a look at how Gardner spends his time at the OTC, in his own words:

7:15-7:30 a.m. – Out of bed to start a day of training. “On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I get up about 7:15 or 7:30 and drive to the Training Center. I live about 15 minutes away. I go to the Training Center six days a week and take two meals a day there, breakfast and dinner.”

8 a.m. – In the weight room. “As soon as I get to the Training Center, before breakfast, I do a weight lifting circuit. I like to lift before I eat because I feel like I’m a little sluggish if I’ve just eaten. Most people like to eat some time before they work out, but I guess I’m a little different. I usually do two hours of lifting before I go eat (in the Athlete Center).

“Maybe it goes back to when we milked cows in the morning back on the family dairy farm (located near Afton, Wyoming). We’d milk the cows and do the other chores before we ate around 10 or 11 in the morning.

“In the weight workouts (which take place in Sports Center II), I go through different stations. The workouts vary depending on how close I am to a competition. If I’m close to a competition I may go through 12 stations of 30 seconds each with a short rest in between. The idea is to get conditioning in with the weights.

“When I’m not getting ready to compete I do Olympic lifts, six or seven different ones, full-body lifts with four or five sets of each. While I’m there I work with a variety of people. I have coaches from the Training Center (Anatole Petrosian, Momir Petkovic, Ike Anderson) and the National Governing Body, USA Wrestling (Steve Frazier). I also have an individual coach (Bob Anderson) who works there from time to time. They have plenty of expertise, lots of knowledge.

“They also have trainers and other people available in other areas. They have every type of sports expert you could possibly need there available to the athletes. (The OTC boasts world-leading experts in strength, power, biomechanics, nutrition and psychology, as well as ergonomic and metabolic testing.)

10 a.m. – Breakfast in the Athlete Center. “I’ll usually have fruit – I love the fresh fruit – and some type of egg product, an omelet or scrambled eggs. I like them with ham and cheese. I’ll usually eat some biscuits with them, too. I try to be somewhat healthy with what I eat.

“I have to say the food is incredible; it’s just hard to beat the food at the Training Center. They have a good variety and they do a good job of understanding an athlete’s nutritional needs. They give us such great food here it’s really without comparison. It’s really some of the best that could be provided. I eat here Monday through Saturday, and I’m usually done at 10:30.

“On Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of lifting I’ll do an open workout. I’ll warm up and wrestle, usually 45 minutes to an hour, working on technique mainly. Then I’ll shower and go eat. Saturday’s we’ll do strength matches. That consists of two live matches. I’ll do those and then go eat.”

11 a.m.-4 p.m. – Afternoon break. “During the afternoon I’m usually at home, doing whatever needs to be done, getting things in order, working around the house. Things like mowing the yard, paying bills or playing with my dog, Ty. He’s a chow, retriever mix, a real mutt. But he’s the best dog in the world. I like to take him outside to play.”

4 p.m. – Back to the Training Center to wrestle. “On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 4, I head back to the Training Center, get dressed and take the mat. The freestyle wrestlers are finished at 4:30 and then it’s our turn. I get loose for about 15 minutes, then take about 15 to 30 minutes to work on my technique and positions. I try to improve as I wrestle. Then we’ll do matches or tumbling. It’s a high-intensity workout, two hours non-stop until about 6:15 or 6:30.

“Wednesdays we do an ‘active rest’ workout where we do something fun like playing basketball. The idea is to do something different, a little entertaining and fun while working on our conditioning.

6 p.m. – Winding down for the day. “After the workout I’ll take a sauna or go to the steam room for 15 or 20 minutes. Then I’ll shower and I’ll eat again. I like to go for a good salad and an entree, usually something from the grill. I’ll pick out whatever looks good that night.”

7:15-7:30 p.m. – “After dinner, I head home to relax. It’s really a pretty tough schedule. You get home late and you get up and do it again the next day. But the Olympic Training Center is so supportive. They give you everything you need. In every aspect of training, they help you to achieve your goals.”

Utlogget Bob Paar

• .: Aktivutøver :.
  • Honnør: 1156
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Når man er svak, løfter man KUN lette vekter..
« #8 : 11. mai 2007, 22:54 »
Rart at Rulon Gardner tok han i OL.
Han ser ikke akkurat sterk ut i forhold, hehe.
Han hadde flaks. Karelin hadde dominert hele kampen, men amerikaneren fikk inn en rulle på slutten som ble avgjørende.

Synd, men sant.
Nordisk mester i håndbak 2014.

dave the brave

• Gjest
« #9 : 30. juli 2007, 02:50 »
Karelin er den hardeste mann jeg har sett. Jeg har begynt å trene bryting nå. Skal kombinere det med styrkeløft/vektløfting og litt strongman. Gleder meg veldig. Syns bryting er en fantastisk idrett. Jeg er livredd for Karelin. Men den eneste måten er å se frykten i øyene. Gud hjelpe meg.

Utlogget speediie

• Erfaren bruker
  • Honnør: 3
  • Utlogget Utlogget

« #10 : 30. juli 2007, 15:57 »
hadde rista litt i buksa hadde jeg møtt han i en bryte kamp vist jeg hadde holdt på med det. Tongue
De fleste viktige ting i verden er gjennomført av personer som har fortsatt å prøve selv når det har sett ut som om alt håp har vært ute.

dave the brave

• Gjest
« #11 : 06. januar 2008, 23:28 »
noen bilder av denne maskinen...

Utlogget tothi

• Litt godt kjent
  • Honnør: 0
  • Utlogget Utlogget

« #12 : 12. januar 2008, 07:36 »
Det som er litt morsomt er at når man ser på fyren ser alt proposjonalt riktig ut. Når en mann veier 130-140 kilo før kroppen hans får en bra form er det noe sykt på gang.

Gå til:  

Disse kosttilskuddene er glemt for mange, men som alle bør ta.

5 digge middager med cottage cheese

Kosthold09.08.2021270

Cottage cheese er blitt en svært populær matvare!
Det er en risiko forbundet med treningen og løftene man utfører
Det finnes så mange gode varianter av middagskaker enn bare karbonadekaker.

5 fordeler med stående leggpress

Trening28.06.202153

Det er mange fordeler med å trene leggene dine. Se her!