Skrevet av Emne: Barn behöver mer fett i kosten än vuxna.  (Lest 2025 ganger)

Utlogget Beefcake

• Treningsveileder
  • Honnør: 1175
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Kjønn: Mann

• Spiser til failure
Barn behöver mer fett i kosten än vuxna.
« : 16. august 2007, 14:29 »
Barn och unga har högre fettoxidering och har därför behov av mer fett i kosten än vuxna:

Published 16 August 2007

Relative fat oxidation is higher in children than adults

Nutrition Journal 2007, 6:19

Background

Prepubescent children may oxidize fatty acids more readily than adults. Therefore, dietary fat needs would be higher for children compared with adults. The dietary fat recommendations are higher for children 4 to 18 yrs (i.e., 25 to 35% of energy) compared with adults (i.e., 20 to 35% of energy). Despite this, many parents and children restrict dietary fat for health reasons.

Methods

This study assessed whether rates of fat oxidation are similar between prepubescent children and adults. Ten children (8.71.4yr, 3313 kg meanSD) in Tanner stage 1 and 10 adults (41.68 yr, 74 13 kg) were fed a weight maintenance diet for three days to maintain body weight and to establish a consistent background for metabolic rate measurements (all foods provided). Metabolic rate was measured on three separate occasions before and immediately after breakfast and for 9 hrs using a hood system (twice) or a room calorimeter where continuous metabolic measurements were taken.

Results

During all three sessions whole body fat oxidation was higher in children (lower RQ) compared to adults (mean RQ= 0.84 .016 for children and 0.87.02, for adults, p<0.02). Although, total grams of fat oxidized was similar in children (62.7 20 g /24 hrs) compared to adults (51.4 19 g /24 hrs), the grams of fat oxidized relative to calorie expenditure was higher in children (0.047 .01 g/kcal, compared to adults (0.032 .01 p<0.02). Females oxidized more fat relative to calorie expenditure than males of a similar age. A factor way ANOVA showed no interaction between gender and age in terms of fax oxidation.

Conclusions

These data suggest that fat oxidation relative to total calorie expenditure is higher in prepubescent children than in adults. Consistent with current dietary guidelines, a moderate fat diet is appropriate for children within the context of a diet that meets their energy and nutrient needs.

Gå til:  

Disse kosttilskuddene er glemt for mange, men som alle bør ta.

5 digge middager med cottage cheese

Kosthold09.08.2021270

Cottage cheese er blitt en svært populær matvare!
Det er en risiko forbundet med treningen og løftene man utfører
Det finnes så mange gode varianter av middagskaker enn bare karbonadekaker.

5 fordeler med stående leggpress

Trening28.06.202153

Det er mange fordeler med å trene leggene dine. Se her!