Skrevet av Emne: Litt Siders snadder..  (Lest 1581 ganger)

Utlogget AlexanderDGL

• .: Aktivutøver :.
  • Honnør: 839
  • Utlogget Utlogget

• Kjønn: Mann

• Giske SK
Litt Siders snadder..
« : 22. september 2008, 23:40 »
Har ett dokument av en kar som har gått over de fleste spørsmåla som har blitt stilt til Brian Siders, på hans hjemmeside, som Siders har svart på. Den hjemmesiden er ikke lenger operativ tror jeg. Funker den hos dere? www.briansiders.com

Prøvde å kopiere hele dokumentet, men det var ett slikt PDF dokument så det var ganske rotete. (Fint i selve dokumentet da. Smiley)

Her er litt snadder fra dokumentet som er på rundt 14 fulle sider. (Noen år gammle spørsmål og svar, men uansett.. Wink)
____

Q. So what’s your PR in the raw bench?
A. I have never done a max single raw (at least is the past several years). My PR’s include
556 for 8, 600 for 5 and 630 for 8 sets of 3
(630 lbs er 285 kg. Altså, 8x3 på 285 kg. i benk uten skjorte!)

Q. Do you ever train calves?
A. I train calves about as often as I drink alcohol. Hardly ever. I do drink after the worlds and
usually after the nationals, but that’s about it. When I was in college I would drink all the time
and looking back it seemed to really mess up my recovery between workouts.

Q. I was wondering how long does your workout sessions last? and your recent workout post
you deadlifted and two days later you squatted. Does this affect your recovery?
A. Each workout averages around 3 hours, which includes stretching, warming up, etc. Most
bench days take less time. Strongman training days take longer, because I have to stop, go to
another facility, and then do the strongman events. That is why I have been doing a lot of the
strongman training on bench days. I have more time. Typically I do squats and deadlifts 3
times per week, but I have only been squatting twice per week the past two weeks because of
extra strongman training that involves the legs, such as the farmers walk. But, no that does
not affect my recovery. I have adapted to this volume over the past 8 years.

Q. How do you taper off your training before a meet and how far out is your heaviest
workout?
A. My heaviest workouts are typically done two weeks out from a meet and my last heavy
workout is done 7 days out.

Q. I'm trying to figure out why you do what you do. Some days you do back two days in a
row, what kind of program are you using? I'm curious because I'm also a single-ply guy who
has built up to handle volume (not as much as you) and want to tailor my program to what you
are doing. I currently use a medium-volume Westside, but I'm also open to suggestions. I'm
just curious about what you do; I hope that you can help out a fellow lifter. I think it’s awesome
what you have done in the IPF and I hope you fully exhaust your potential in the WPO before
you start winning titles in the WPO.
A. I currently use the HIT method, which consists of very short but intense
workouts...Seriously; my training is based on a combination of western routines combined
with high volume European/ Russian routines. The volume is similar to the latter, but instead of performing the BP 4 times a week (i.e. Sheiko); I will hit the same frequency but add in a
greater number of varieties in regards to training different movements, instead of doing each
competition lift several times per week. Each workout is set up pretty simple, where at each
workout I try to hit a minimum of 12 exercises. The first 4 exercises serve as a warm up, work
for neglected areas, prehab or rehab, and to increase conditioning and work capacity. When I
first started doing this, the initial movements would affect (negatively) my core movements,
but now they do not. Exercises 5 through 8 typically are core movements that either consists
of the completion lift, a variation of the lift, or some compound movement that aids in
increasing the competition lift. The last 4 exercises are assistance exercises that work the
individual muscle groups involved in the competition lift. It has taken around 9 years to work
up to this type of volume and capacity. I have no specific system (it is a combination of many
with my own twists), just a long process of trial and error combined with endless hours in the
gym.
Bestenoteringer på stevne:
265 - 155 - 250 - 670 kilo sammenlagt

Utlogget AlexanderDGL

• Utlogget Utlogget

• Giske SK
Sv: Litt Siders snadder..
« #1 : 23. september 2008, 23:30 »
Kos Kiss

Utlogget Geir M

• Superavhengig
  • Honnør: 360
  • Utlogget Utlogget

« #2 : 23. september 2008, 23:33 »
Dette var interessant, har du dette pdf dokumentet liggende?
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

- Paul Krugman, Nobelprisvinner i økonomi

Utlogget AlexanderDGL

• Utlogget Utlogget

• Giske SK
« #3 : 27. september 2008, 01:18 »
General information

Q. I see it looks like you spend many hours in the gym, what do you do for a living? I spend
about 10 hours a day in my office and still have work when I get home and find it incredibly
hard to clock in 2-3 hours a day in the gym.
A. I am a Correctional Psychologist at a maximum security prison. You just have to be good
at managing your time and look for ways to keep your self motivated. How many hours per
day do you spend watching TV or staying on the internet?

Q. Are you gonna try to PR in turkey eating this year? What's the Brian Siders Thanksgiving
eating routine?
A. Kind of like one of my workouts.

Q. I was wondering what exactly do you eat to fuel your workouts?
A. I really don’t have a set nutrition program. I usually eat 3 to 4 solid meals a day and drink
4 protein or meal replacement shakes per day. I usually eat more as I get closer to a contest,
depending on what my bodyweight is. I eat lots of carbs, but try to stay away from simple
sugars as much as possible. I usually only drink water, milk and 1 PowerAde (while I am
working out) each day. I make sure I take in about 350 grams of protein each day.

Traning volume

Q. Brian do you ever feel like you overtrain? You said that you workout 7 days a week for 3-4
hours. Obviously it's working in the long term but do you ever have to take any time off?
A. I'm sure everyone is different but some people say that you should only have 45mins to 1
hour workouts otherwise you're overtraining. I personally find it impossible to make my
workouts that short. The best way for me not to overtrain is to back down in intensity every
few weeks on the core lifts (except for the last few weeks before a meet) and maintain
volume. Its not exact, but about every 4th week, I drop the volume about 10 to 15 percent on
core exercises and assistance work.

Back/Deadlift information

Q. I was reading in PLUSA that you weren't pleased with your deadlift, and that you really
needed to bring it up, this of course made me raise an eyebrow because you are already
pulling well over 800. What would you like to be pulling? do you think you'll ever pull 400
Kg's? what will you do to try and boost your pull even further? thanks for your time, and any
responses.
A. The deadlift is the lift that I am weakest at overall, but it is my favorite lift, because I am
not exactly built to deadlift, so a PR means a lot to me. In comparison to the other two lifts, I
am close to the IPF WR in the squat, have the bench, yet I am 75 lbs away or so from the
deadlift. I recently got some plates that are 90 lbs a piece and they their diameter is a little
less than a 35 lb plate. I am using these on a regular basis and I have always pulled with 25
or 35 pound plates in the past couple of years to increase my dl. Since it is an event at the
Arnold, I have been training the partial dl a lot, but I have never had a good carry over from
this to my normal dl.

Q. I noticed you did 18sets with different grips and short rest. Is this a good way to build up
the back for a newbie Powerlifter?
A. This technique has helped me add size and strength to my upper back, which aids in all
three of the Powerlift. Also it does not take much time, as you worry about short rest intervals
instead of the weight. I would suggest starting with fewer sets if you are a beginner and work
your way up into doing more sets.

Gå til:  

Disse kosttilskuddene er glemt for mange, men som alle bør ta.

5 digge middager med cottage cheese

Kosthold09.08.2021270

Cottage cheese er blitt en svært populær matvare!
Det er en risiko forbundet med treningen og løftene man utfører
Det finnes så mange gode varianter av middagskaker enn bare karbonadekaker.

5 fordeler med stående leggpress

Trening28.06.202153

Det er mange fordeler med å trene leggene dine. Se her!